Silence is not always golden

I have been quiet for a while and don’t really have an excuse.

Let me catch you up from where I left off


I did absolutely nothing. I was tired from Sunday where I ran for 20 minutes straight and ended up dragging all day long.


I went out for another 20 minute run early in the morning. I was finally able to get my iPod alarm to go off and wake me up at 7:15am after about 4 late wake up calls. This last week has been hell on earth here in my town. It has been reaching darn near 80 degrees before 8:00am and I need to make sure I get my workout in before it becomes too hot.

Before I go into my run and the rest of the day I have to vent about something that people always think I am crazy about. My morning routine before going for a jog (which will be written about at some point…but not now) involves something I absolutely hate.

With the fiery passion of 3,000,000 hot suns!


Peanut Butter

Ugh! I hate this stuff!

The only way I eat peanut butter is if it is spread on a piece of bread with A LOT of jelly on the other piece of bread…a.k.a. a Peanut butter and jelly sandwich.


Because I would go out first thing after I wake up, I was out on an empty stomach. This did not please “Nurse Mom”. So she has somewhat forced me to lap up a tablespoon of this mouth drying, tongue coating goop at least 30 minutes before I leave the house. However, a tablespoon is WAY too much for me and have been only taking a teaspoon without her knowing (hmm, hope she doesn’t read this then).

This hasn’t been difficult to get used to. But I just hate how dry it makes my mouth and I don’t want to drink  a lot of water because there are not many (if any) bathroom stops on my route.

Anywho, after I came home from my jog I rested a little bit before having to get ready for a day out with the boy. We live about 52 miles away from each other so we decided to meet halfway. This way one person isn’t driving so far to have to go back home. I can definitely say that my jog that morning made me famished! We went to Johnny Garlic’s and while I wanted to order a huge cheeseburger with fries and eat basket upon basket of the complimentary bread and oil…I didn’t. Since we both are keeping each other accountable, we were good and ordered a pizza that is usually for one to split, and had water to drink.  Boy was I stuffed from that meal! Even though I kept telling myself I would be starving in a couple of hours.

So we decided to walk around to work off some of that pizza.

We walked to the bookstore and ran into some friends from college and started talking for a while in the middle of the store…


My hard work and efforts were noticed!!

I know it shouldn’t be a big deal but it is! Every time the two of us were out everyone noticed his changes and never commented. But now I finally got a comment.


Then it was movie time.

Hope Springs

In the concession line I skipped the popcorn and soda and instead jumped for the box of junior mints (one of my kryptonites) that we split with a large bottle of water.

Can I just say I absolutely loved this movie. And so did he! It was a nice eye opener for both of us. Pointed out his constant negativity and me being too quiet.

If my scoring of a movie meant anything… it would be 4/5 stars.

-1 star only because 1. it started a little too quickly and 2. it wasn’t long enough for me… ^_^

After the movie, we went for sushi. We both had one roll each and split a bowl of pork ramen. This is a HUGE improvement from what we used to order when eating sushi. I would say we would order at least 3 (maybe 4) rolls each along with miso soup…and sometimes a bento box.

Yeah, we were THOSE people.

Oh but is was so good!

I almost forgot, he bought me this while at the bookstore since he noticed how much I have been getting into jogging.


Another day of absolute nothing…

except teaching lessons.


Now we are up to today. Yay!

Woke up, sluggish…but up. Changed clothes and headed out for what was originally going to be a 3.5 mile jog.

Yeah, that turned into a 5.5 mile walk/jog.


5.5 miles

I was absolutely beat by the time I got to my car. I think I went for so long because it was pretty cool and there was a nice breeze going. So I went for it.

I started Week 7 Day 3 of the program which is run for 25 minutes and just kept going.

I came home, stretched, rested, showered…and knocked out! I was down for the count. Next thing I knew, it was about 5:00pm and I needed to get dinner started. Since I am the one at home and not working…nor paying rent…I have taken on the dinner task for certain nights. The menu for tonight:

BBQ spiced salmon with pineapple mango salsa and broccoli

BBQ spiced Salmon and Pineapple Salsa (I had a super ripe mango I needed to use…so I added it. Also, I didn’t have any cayenne pepper)

But it was delicious! My parents loved and devoured it.

I highly recommend browsing around her recipes. I have made quite a lot and have enjoyed them all.

Well, my dad devoured it really. That is how you know it is good…when he eats the rest of it after asking a billion times to make sure nobody wants anymore.

And now, I am caught up. As I sit here eating a bowl of fruit…trying not to give in to the lovely smell of popcorn wafting through the house since my mom just popped herself a bag.

Wish me luck!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s