Are you ready for a weeks worth of missed posts in one?
Check THIS post for the reason for this catch up post.
Day 16 How do you measure your fitness progress?
I have to admit, there is no exact science to how I measure my fitness progress.
Right now I am following the C210k program and each time that I am able to make it through the scheduled program and progress to the next day is progress for me. For every run that I can last longer before giving in and walking is progress. Even better, whenever I am able to run and want to do it again…that is PROGRESS!
Another way I have measured recently is my want and desire to enter more races just to get out there and do it.
Day 17 Your most embarrassing fitness story
I don’t have many really.
I can only think of one that happened in college but it isn’t entirely a fitness story. Just fitness related.
I had signed up for an aerobic stepping class to fulfill one of those requirements that you could really care less about when all you want to do is focus on your major.
Anywho, it was the first week of class and it was one of those cover nothing but syllabus days. The instructor had us all sitting on the cold and hard gym floor for what seemed like hours…but was really only about 45 minutes. Well at the time I was heavier than I am now and sitting on the floor results in my legs falling asleep constantly. The instructor kept talking and talking and I really have no idea what she was saying because I had to keep switching positions to keep that numb and tingly sensation from creeping up to my hips. Class finally ended thank goodness. As I stood up my legs seemed to have disappeared. I could not stand upright and I was leaning left and right stumbling over my feet trying so hard not to fall on my face. The instructor saw and rushed to help me and asked what was wrong. I told her my legs fell asleep and I could see her trying to hold back the laughter.
I guess it could have been worse.
As a former FAT person and a current “not so” fat person…
I see it as an inspiration. If this kid can get up and do it why can’t somebody else?
Day 19 What is your favourite fall workout?
Uh, right now I can’t think of any. Why? Because I never worked out in the fall. Or ever.
If I had to give an answer I guess I will just have to say running, HIIT, Yoga… pretty much my normal exercises now.
Day 20 List your 5 new-to-you healthy food options
1. Chia Seeds- I am starting to love a tbs of these things on a piece of toast (usually wheat) with a very small bit of peanut butter, sliced banana, drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
2. Cauliflower Rice- While it really doesn’t give me the satisfaction of real rice, it makes a nice and tasty side dish.
3. Spaghetti Squash- I have always known about spaghetti squash but I only prepared it one way with tomato sauce. Now I am using it to make a mock pasta bake, or Pad Thai.
4. Shiritaki noodles- I don’t eat them often. But when I want the pasta texture instead of the spaghetti squash I will reach for these.
5. Black Rice- Tried it for the first time a couple of nights ago. It is a little nuttier than brown rice but is pretty good.
Do you have any healthy food options you would like to share?