…well since we obviously survived 12/21/12 the only “end” I could possibly mean is the end of 2012.
I would like to take the time to reflect on the events of this closing year but I will not. Why? Because I want to save my yearly recap for when I have made it through a full year in this journey for health. I want to reflect back on my start and my current progress, successful and failed challenges, communities I have joined, inspiration that was found or given to others once 365 full days have finished. I find it would be quite redundant to have an end of the year post to only have another end of my first year post about a month later. So if you were hoping to find a post like that from me today or tomorrow, please hang tight until February. Come this time 2013 I will do a true end of the year recap. But I want my first end of year recap to be in February and I hope you all understand.
But so this post isn’t a waste, I do want discuss my plans for 2013 and the challenges/goals I am facing.
I have joined the 13 in 13 challenge from the Weight Wars blog.
- Set yourself 13 challenges for 2013, they will have a theme each month for you to focus on.
- Each month, within your theme you will set a mini goal or two for just that month.
- The thirteenth challenge will work slightly differently and that will be explained when you sign up!
- You get to chose which months you participate or dont participate but if you take part in all 13 challenges you will be entered in to a prize draw.
Another challenge I am participating in is brought to you by the Fitness Cheerleader
I have thought about doing my own blog challenge assuming I get my act together again and balance out work, performing, and blogging a bit more. So stay tuned for that information!
2013 Fitness/Health Goals
(in no particular order, just as they popped into my head.)
- Increase running miles by 1-2 miles every month.
- Improve my running pace and work to an even 12 min/mi.
- Return to my original clean eating habits since the holidays threw me for a loop!
- Lose those last 50 pounds!
- Incorporate more hills into my routine. (Hm, sounds familiar)
- Strength train more and make my arms scream for mercy!
- Race at least once a month.
- Race more with friends and family.
- Don’t allow work to become an excuse not to run!
- Continue to bring my lunch to work.
- Cook more at home.
- Revamp more recipes to a healthy/cleaner version.
- Stick to my half marathon training so I can graduate to Marathon training in the summer…maybe?
- Color Run.
- Run my first half marathon.
- Keep the 100 lbs off that I have already lost.
- Boxing anyone?
- Donate my miles through charity miles.
- Run 10-15 miles a week.
That is all I can think of right now and I am sure there will be more goals as the year progresses. I will be sure to add them to my goals page when I think of them!
Oh, and before I end this post. I did the the double road race last weekend and if you were to ask me, I would probably have told you it was a mark of the end of the world because I willingly ran in extreme wind and rain! However, it was after the ‘scheduled’ end of the world so it wouldn’t really make much sense.
It was so bad I had my hood and a bright pink beanie on during a good portion of the race. But then I started to warm up and couldn’t take it. I just had to suck up the rain and do it.
Thank-freaking-goodness I put the tights on underneath the shorts!
This race was definitely a learning experience. I have learned I need to pack an actual race bag and include a change of clothes and shoes if it rains or I get soaked somehow. My drive back home was slightly miserable due to wet socks and shoes and my toes never warming up fast enough.
Next race: St. Joseph’s Run/Walk for wellness 1-26-2013